- 0.1 Its been quiet
- 0.2 Galactic Stronghold Information from July 24th
- 0.3 Game Update 2.9: Galactic Strongholds Early Access PTS Patch Notes
- 1 Highlights
I know its been quiet here. I have been working on updating this site. Some of what I was trying, worked but others did not. I think for the most part I think I managed to get it to way I want it for now. Running a website is always going to be work in progress. The theme I use for this website is very flexible. In a lot of ways this theme reminds me of squidoo as it has modules. I started writing on there so that I can keep paying for my own website. They have since closed and merged with hubpages which I also have an account at.
Writing is not what this is all about. What this is all about is Star Wars and what is going on since I last posted. I will try to put that information into smaller chunks of posts if I can.
Since my last post, I was preparing for the galactic Stronghold. I will admit that I have been enjoying it. I mainly play on the Shadowlands, but I also play on some of the other servers. On the shadowlands, I was able to unlock all of the strongholds that were available. That does not mean I was able to unlock all of the rooms available because I have not done that yet. The Kass City and Corusant were the only ones that I have hit 100% with. I have unlocked the cheaper rooms first in Nar Shaddaa and Tattoine. All that is left between the two is are the rooms that cost 2 million or more. I also accomplished opening up all of the tabs for the legacy bank. Two of them are also available on the other servers I am on as I grabbed the last two unlocks off the GTN. That would mean I would have to do the same for the ones I don’t have for the other servers.
I was planning on writing up about this video as I did get sidetracked with other things:
Watch live video from SWTOR on Twitch
Obviously I did get interested in the patch. Its been quite a while now. I will be honest, I do love the conquests. I don’t do the conquest to get burned out but I do enjoy it. I reason being is because it gives me a goal and to try something I have not done before.
What I have enjoyed the most is the fact that the guild I am in, on the Shadowlands that we have usually made the top 10 most weeks. There have been some weeks that we did not make it but for the most part it has been consistent. Considering not everyone participates its not bad at all.
This time they showed the Tattoine Homestead.
PTS is supposed to go up today sometime in the afternoon US time. You will only be able to check out the strongholds this week but next week, you will be able to check the guild stuff and the conquests.
The cost of the guild ships will be 50 mil. There will be no cc option to this. Guild ships will be required to do guild conquests.
Tattoine homestead really blew my mind. I thought the other ones were great, but this one is even better. I was not sure if I was going to get it until I saw this one. It has a tons of outside space. Seems to be perfect for PVP 🙂
The doors can be opened by clicking on them now.
Tattoine has the lowest amount of rooms but the most hooks.
Decorations come from different places.
If its tied to achievements its retroactive.
Season 2 PVP awards will hopefully be announced next week.
Galactic Strongholds Subscriber Early Access! Subscribers who have reached level 15 can now purchase a Galactic Stronghold on Nar Shaddaa, Tatooine, Dromund Kaas, and Coruscant by visiting the Stronghold Directory on the Fleet or on the Stronghold’s planet.
New Flashpoint: Depths of Manaan! Continue the Forged Alliances storyline with a new Level 55 Tactical Flashpoint set on the water-covered planet of Manaan.
- The GSI Satellite Support Service is now in open beta testing on Makeb. Once registered with the GSI support satellites, GSI will track your every move and provide you with the following support services:[line]
- Gear is now bolstered to a 156 rating while on Makeb, increasing all stats!
- When combat is detected, a Medical Probe will be deployed to administer long-lasting, refreshing Kolto, healing you for 2% every 3 seconds while you remain in combat.
- There is now a 250% boost to exploration Experience while on Makeb.[/line]
- Pets now occasionally make noises.
- Galactic Strongholds on Nar Shaddaa, Tatooine, Dromund Kaas and Coruscant are now available to players who have reached Level 15 and have enough credits to purchase the Stronghold.
- Strongholds can be purchased by going to the Stronghold Directory on either Fleet or on the respective Stronghold planet.
- An introductory Mission that grants a set of starter Decorations is offered by the Stronghold Commissioner, who can be found on either Fleet or on either Capital planet.
- Guildmasters can purchase a Guild Headquarters at any Stronghold Directory. This purchase requires a Guild Bank with enough credits. (PTS prices are not final.)
- New Schematics are available on all Crew Skill trainers:
- Industrial Prefabs can be crafted by Armormechs, Armstechs, and Cybertechs.
- Synthetic Prefabs can be crafted by Artificers, Biochems, Synthweavers.
- Universal Prefabs can be crafted by any profession.
- Prefabs are divided into three tiers: MK-1, MK-2, and MK-3.
- Prefabs may be exchanged at the Fabricator Droids in the Strongholds & Crew Skills quadrant of either Fleet for a wide variety of Decorations.
- Decorations now drop from every Flashpoint and Operation.
- Many Flashpoint and Operation Achievements now provide special Trophy Decorations that can be placed on the walls of your Stronghold. You can view them in the Achievement Reward Window. These Decorations will be automatically unlocked when the Achievement is earned. You can also you can right-click the item icon to unlock it once the Achievement is earned.
- Decorations may be purchased for Warzone Commendations and Fleet Commendations at the Starfighter & PvP Decorations Vendor on either Fleet.
Missions + NPCs
- The density of enemies on Makeb has been reduced.
- Group scaling has been removed from the following Missions, and the difficulty of the boss encounter no longer scales based on the number of players in the group:
- Stealing Thunder (Imperial)
- Revenge of the Archon (Imperial)
- Hitting the Hutts (Republic)
- Taking on Toborro (Republic)
This one shows off Dromund Kaas. This one looks like Corusant’s. The only real difference is that there is rain outside and the color of the place. This stream did have some hiccups as there is 3 videos for this stream.
Doors open 4 ways (up, down, left and right). They slide.
You will be getting trophies retroactively for your achievements.
Nar Shaddaa and Tattoine are the only one with large starship hooks.
You can’t rename your stronghold but will have titles that you can choose from.
The guild strongholds are the same as personal strongholds. You can give out gold keys so guild members can decorate the stronghold. You can also give out silver and bronze keys also.
You cannot have more than one of the same stronghold in your legacy.
This was not a big stream. It was Eric and Courtney who were decorating a stronghold. Its was more about them answering questions.
- There will be doors that are closed. By right clicking them, will open them up. There will be a price attached to them, but that is how you expand your stronghold.
- There is no stronghold buffs but you do get rest XP in your stronghold.
- Chat will be planetary rather than fleet chat.
- All strongholds have massive hooks so you can put ships in all of them. Some of the ships won’t fit completely due to the roof.
- You can’t choose which rooms you unlock.
- Can’t give an extra gold key for other people to decorate your stronghold.
- Guild Strongholds will have the same layouts.
- The companions will have the gear that you put on them when placing them in your stronghold.
- Can’t rename your stronghold.
- When you complete your starter quest for strongholds, you will be getting a legacy storage. It does not allow you to place bind on pickup items in there. To me it makes sense. You will be able to place crafting in there though. If you want to craft something it will come from inventory, cargo bay and then legacy storage. This is the feature that I am looking forward to as I do craft on multiple characters.
- With the launch of 2.9, there will be a limit of 4 strongholds per legacy. That is actually how many strongholds we get in 2.9. In the future there may be more strongholds. You will be able to deactivate strongholds.
- Legacy, gtn we know for sure will be able to be put in the strongholds.
- Decorations come from everything.
- Can duel inside of the strongholds
This one is where they show us the Coruscant one. So far, they all look great.
Here is a picture of the Galactic Stronghold stuff on the fleet. This is in the crafting section and what was shown here slightly is that those are droids that will help you craft decorations. That means then that the stuff that was over there may have been moved around like they did with the bizarre when it used to be in the crafting section. Sounds like that section will be used quite often.
This looks like where we will be getting our introductory quest for the strongholds.
Sounds like you will be led here which is the strongholds directory. So you will be directed to buy your stronghold from there. Then you will be able to go to your stronghold. You quest completed and you will be given a starter set of decorations.
Now there is three vendors which can also sell you decorations. Some are for cartel certificates and others for straight credits.
Each public listing can be accessed through the directory which you can access here. It looks like you have to go to the Tatooine one in order to access all the listing that are for the tatooine one and etc. So it looks like that in order to get to someone else’s stronghold, you will need to be at fleet to do so.
This shows you how to list your stronghold. You unlock the icon and set it to for both faction or one faction. Its up to you. The higher your prestige score is, the higher it will show up on the listings.
If you go and visit someone else’s stronghold, you will not be able to move any decorations around. That can be a good thing to be honest. You can only go as far as how much was unlocked on the person who’s stronghold you are visiting. If there are rooms that they have not unlocked yet, you can’t go there. You have to have a minimum of 1,000 prestige score in order to be listed.
Now we get to see Coruscant. So far the ones I have seen, look great. They all seem pretty large to say the least. You can’t click on a chair to sit but there is a sit emote that you will be able to use.
The way you can increase your prestige score is my unlocking decorations. The more you do, the more it will increase.
You can invite people to your stronghold but you will have to be online. You can also give people a key. People with the silver key can invite, kick or send keys to other people. The bronze key only gives you the ability to come to the stronghold.
You can give people either silver or bronze key to have access to your stronghold. You don’t have to be online for them to have access.
Keys do not cost anything.
You can duel inside of your stronghold.
The cost of the strongholds has not been finalized yet but Coruscant and Drumond Kass will be affordable. Tattoine and Nar Shaddaa will be more expensive.
Guilds can get strongholds.
When you are in your stronghold, you will be able to see planet chat.
You can visit cross faction strongholds.
All characters in a legacy can edit the stronghold. Its legacy wide.
This past Wednesday, I had the opportunity to go to the live stream of Galactic Stronghold. It was understandable why there were so many people there as everyone wanted to see what its all about. The chat that was going on, was practically going a mile a minute. I am not sure how they could keep up with it. I was actually surprised that one of my questions was answered but it was 🙂
I have to admit that I am excited about the strongholds, but not everyone is going to like them. That is the beauty of the game that people have choices when it comes to content. This is not for everyone but for some, they may enjoy this content once they release it.
This first video was about the editor and decorating your stronghold. This one also takes place in Nar Shaddaa so we are able to get a general idea what it will look like once it comes out.
Earlier on Wednesday, there was a dev blog talking about the strongholds which can be found here: http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20140702
This set the stage for what they were going to show us at their live stream when it aired.
They ended up going with a hook system when it comes to setting up decorations for your stonghold. The reason behind this is to make it easy and also flexible as much as possible. The reason why they did not do it the other way is because items may not fit right so they went this direction with it. This makes sense to me. I want to have something that looks right when placed.
Here is a screenshot of one of the hooks. This one is where you can put one of your ships on. Its not one that you can run off with though.
By clicking on the hook, this is what you get. You get a edit UI.
Here is an example of what you get to pop into the hooks for the particular hooks. In this instance, there are vehicles you can pop in there.
They have a color system for the different type of hooks. They basically designate the different sizes that go into them. You can also change the hooks so if originally you have 6 small hooks, it can be changed to 4 medium size hooks instead. The picture above has the small hooks.
Here is an example of it with a table placed in the hooks.
Here is where they changed it to 4 medium hooks.
From what I can tell is that its not to hard to place the items in the hooks. You can move the items with the x and y coordinates but also have the ability to rotate the items also.
How Do You get Decorations?
There are 3 primary ways and they are:
- Crafters who will be able to make components which can be traded into a crafting droid in exchange for decorations. The droids can be placed in your strongholds.
- You can find drops in flashpoints and operations.
- Different vendors will have decorations. Sounds like reputation track will also have decorations.
- Looks like they will also be offering them through the cartel market.
Is there a max items per house?
They did not give us a number as they said that its a very high number. As you expand your stronghold, you will be able to add more and more items in there. Also as you expand your stronghold, more and more people can visit your stronghold.
Here is what the hooks look like on the walls. They have a similar layout like the hooks on the floors. You won’t be able to rotate items on the walls but you can move stuff up and down.
Here is what the ceiling hooks look like. So basically you can put lighting on your ceilings.
Here is where you can actually place your companions.
The strongholds are in fact legacy wide. Just because one character buys it, does not mean that the other characters can’t use. This is honestly a great move on their part. This way, each of your characters in theory can actually buy a different stronghold and you would have access to them all 🙂 If you have Dromund Kaas stronghold for one of your empire character, your republic character can also access it 🙂
We will also be able to have background music. They are adding a hook for jukeboxes. Its still in development at the moment.
Strongholds are attached to the planet chats so you will not see fleet chat if you are on Dromund Kaas for example.
There is a new icon on the top for your strongholds. In addition you can see what strongholds you own. You can travel to them from anywhere 🙂
There will be achievements added that will tie to the decorations.
If you subscribe before July 15th, you will be getting Nar Shaddaa stronghold with 3 extra rooms. Free to play players will be gettin getting access to strongholds in October but if you are a subscriber, you will have access to them on August 19th.
You can place a GTN in your stronghold. They also have a wall version of it.
You can also mount and travel throughout your stronghold.
Only you will be able to edit your strongholds. Even if you give someone the keys to your stronghold, they will not be able to edit it.
Guilds will be able to have a stronghold.
You can name your stronghold.
For people who have summer passes, you should have early access to your stronghold on August 19th.
Strongholds are instanced.